The Institute is Maryland's oldest university public service organization supporting local officials. IGSR has extensive experience conducting community planning processes and has partnered with municipalities, counties, and local organizations on many projects designed to improve service delivery, enhance governance, or engage stakeholders.
Projects have included:
- Parks and Grounds Operation Review for the City of Bowie
- Strategic Planning for the City of Annapolis
- Facilitation Assistance to Affordable Housing Coalition of Talbot County
- American Community Management Educational Program Investigation
- Strategic Plan for Eastern Shore Regional Library
- Strategic Planning Process Design and Facilitation for the Town of Bel Air